I just wanted to write you all a quick email about my 1ST Baptism!!! I don't have a ton of time, but next week I will go all out with the conversion story and all!!!
Elder Salas and I baptized a family of three and re-activated the brother of the mom that got baptized. They are the Pena family and are just the most amazing people! Their desire to be baptized was so so strong and I want every family I teach to be just like that. They have the strongest testimony and I know that The Lord prepares people in certain ways to accept this gospel! I found them as a reference from their brother because the office sent us a text and told us that there was an investigator that moved into our area. We came to find out that he was less active and so we taught his whole family that night. I found out almost 2 week ago from Marcela the mom, that very day she had lost a second baby..... we taught them that night about our Savior Jesus Christ and she cried a lot that lesson. The spirit was so so strong that night.
I love the mission so much. I never knew how much of an impact the Gospel has had on my life and how much it can have on others. After watching it all happen it has been just the biggest testimony builder in the world. I know that the spirit puts words in my mouth that I need to say and that I don't even know how to say. The other Sunday I confirmed Marcela a member of this church and gave her the Holy Ghost IN SPANISH....... haha I was so so scared, but I know that through and by the spirit I gave a beautiful blessing and confirmed her a member of this wonderful gospel. I love the mission so much and am growing so much through it. I would never change this for the world
I am sorry for the lack of time I just want to send you all a bunch of pictures..... I want you all to know how much I love you and miss you. I know that The Lord is watching over and protecting the RICKS family every single minute of every single day. I love you Dad, I love you Mom; James thanks for translating that letter for mom and the fam how cool is it that we can talk to one an other in a different language!!!??? My Spanish is just coming so well by the way!!! Hannah and Cameron I love you so much, Chan Man I miss you like crazy best bud, but hang in there and start school knowing that I love you and pray for you every day!!!! Have just the best senior year every and prepare valiantly for you mission in just a short time ;) Claire bear and Gracie girl - I love you so so much! I miss your hugs and smiles, but I want you to know that I love you and pray for you two every single day as well.
I love my family so so so much!!!!
Here come the pics ;)
Till next Monday,
Your son, Your bro, Your Missionary
Elder Michael Shawn Ricks
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.