ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, August 18, 2014

Four Months in the Mission!

My Wonderful Family,

Sorry about last week, I was a little to slammed on the emails!

Wow were to start my wonderful family, I want to let you guys know how much I love and adore the mission. These are the best 4 months of my life!!!  I am learning so so much and am so so honored to be a missionary and your brother, brother in law, and son out here. I want you to know how important this gospel is to me in my life and how important each and every single one of you are to me! EVERYTHING I HAVE!!!!!!! is from this gospel being in my life and from the family that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with!!! and ALL I WANT...... is to have ALL the people in Colombia have and to realize all they can have from this gospel. I LOVE THE MISSION SO SO MUCH!!!!

This week was awesome Elder Salas and I are just killin it hahahaha we are just the best of friends as well. We had about 19 lessons this week and are just searching and searching for new investigators and people to teach and to get all wet in the founts of baptism hahah. We are shooting for a goal of 30 lessons next week and I know that we can do it. We have had to drop a few investigators this week because they are just not progressing.... it was hard and is hard... but I know that The Lord will bless us with news who are prepared and ready for this gospel this TRUTH in there lives like the Peña Family who was my first baptism!!! I love it here in Colombia!!!! The food this past week....... ugggg hahaha I was sick in the stomach ALOT hahah for about 3 days but all is well now!!!! NEVER BETTER! I think some food just set me off hahah and my bowels..... hahah. But I am all cleaned out now! :) All the elders were super nice and I still worked my tail off ;) haha but had to go back home for a quick 10 minuets every now and then.... hahah

The food is great though, the people are just awesome, Español es la mas chebre idioma en el mundo, yo estoy aprendiendo tan rápido y amo la gente aquí en cuidad verde, (Spanish is the coolest language in the world, and I am learning so so fast. I love the people here in green city!) Our ward here is pretty awesome and the mission is just so so awesome. 

I am learning so so much about my life and the life I can have through this gospel and how much it can change the lives of others. 

Jamers and Janelle - How are you guys doing? I love you 2 so so much and hey congrats on the new car. Wow you guys are loaded!!!!! I love you so much and am so grateful for the example you two are being for me. How are school and work going for you two. I want you to know I love you and miss you and am so grateful for all you do for me. Keep up the good work ;) Jamers thanks for being my big bro and showing me the ropes for everything. All I want is to be like you out here in the mission. Thanks for the advice in your other email ;) I will let you know how it went in the next email ;) Love you James and Janelle

Hannah and Cameron - HEEYYYYY YOU TWOOOO!!! How are you two new love birds doing!? How are the newly weds!!?? I love you guys so so much and miss you even more hahah. What are those 2 new dream jobs for the 2 of you? I am so grateful for your support for me as a missionary and all you do for me. I love you guys and just miss those good ol´days hanging with you two in Provo! but just think of how awesome it will be in just 21 short months... but who's counting..... How is work and school going? I want you guys to know how grateful I am for you and your example for me and what I can have when I return home from my mission. Thanks for everything KEEP LIVIN IT UP!!!!! Thanks for the cheer leading squad back home as well !!!! hahah

Chan Man - Hey bro good luck at Diving tryouts! I'm praying for you and doing all I can to be there with you hahaha. Really this is all I can do..... write an email..... but hey, know that I'm there in the water cheering you on. Dang it... I can't swim either ;) hahah just messing, trying to be funny like you. MAN I MISS YOU BRO, how's school your senior year!!?? How's the good old AZ town!!! New house and all. Is there anything I can do for you?  - Hey buddy I just wanted you to know how much I love and miss you, I miss all the good times and I want you to know how grateful for my best friend (you) I am. I look back on everything in the mission and am just so grateful to have you as my little bro. I have told the golf club story a few times hhahah and its funny that when I finish I always say " but we are the best of friends, better than you would ever ever imagine " and it's so true buddy. I love you so so much and am so grateful for our friendship. I love and miss you Chan KEEP KILLIN IT THERE IN AZ. know that I love and miss you and pray for you every day. Live it up Buddy!!!!! prepare for these best two years of your life as well ;) cause I know it will change your life like it has mine, your other big bros, and your papa!!! LOVE YOU MAN

CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAR!!!!!!!!!!! - HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!! MISS 14!!!!!!! Claire wow happy birthday from Colombia. I want you to have the best best day this Thursday and know that I am right right there with you every second. I love you so much and man do I miss your hugs!!!!! I sort of thought that that wasn't possible but really you have no idea how bad I just want a hug from you right now........ I love you Claire bear and wish you the happiest birthday. Have a fun party and all and know that I pray for you. I love you Clairey and hope you are just loving it there at school and with Sierra again. I love you Claire

Grace - I love you Gracie girl!! Know how much I  love and miss you. I pray for you and always think about you. I love you GIGI!!!!!!!! Keep up your good work in school as well with your science teacher!!!!

MOM AND DAD - I love you to the moon and back!!!!!!!! Thanks for all you do for the RICKS FAMILY!!!! I love you guys to death!!!!!

I love my family and am out of time but I can't wait to write you all next Monday.!!!! 

I LOVE MY FAMILY!

Your son, Your brother, Your Missionary,

Elder Michael Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.