ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, August 25, 2014

My First Transfer - Ibague' Colombia (18 weeks)

First transfer in the Mission (18 weeks)
Ibague' Colombia






Hello my wonderful family,

I don't have to much time, but I will tell you all about my week next week.

TRANSFERS!!!!! I'm  getting transferred...... I am pretty sad because I love Elder Salas so so much, maybe that's why I'm going.... hahah. We worked so hard together and really kicked butt here in Ciudad Verde. We had a total of 30 lessons this past week, we GOT OUR GOAL. And that is a pretty  high number for our area, we were just killin it!  We actually had 9 lessons in one day, yesterday which is even crazier because of church and all. Speaking of church...... during the nursery a little 3 year old got lost.... for one hour..... it was crazy and the whole ward left church to go find this little one. I'm not to sure what exactly happened and how she got lost, but it was crazy and ultimately we found here. Actually and investigator found her (they are getting baptized)

Transfers - I will be leaving tomorrow morning at 9am for 6 hours in a bus to an area called " IbaguĂ© " it is the prettiest area in the mission and I have only heard great great things about it. I am so sad to leave here and Elder Salas,  but I know that the Lord has many things in store for me over there!!! I have heard that my companion is a cool guy and I know that he will teach me so many things and likewise me to him. He has 22 months in the mission and will be going home in November so I hope he isn't to trunky!! 

My wonderful family, I am so happy to be out here on the mission. I have learned so much this week of working hard, teaching hard, and teaching with the spirit. I know that the Lord prepares all sorts of people and all I need to do is talk! TALK!!! I know that this church is true and I am so grateful to share my testimony and grow in my testimony each and every day by doing so. I know that I was pre ordained to serve here, meet these investigators and members and I know that we are and will be friends for all time and all eternity. Colombia is so so awesome and I'm so glad to be out here. I have learned so much about my life,  who I'm becoming and who I have yet to become. We had the opportunity to go to the temple with all the ward and it was just a great experience. Elder Salas and I were actually a little to late for the session and they didn't let us in. But then we ended up being let in and it was better because by doing so we got to go home on our own and go to SUBWAY!!!! What a little tender mercy.

While in the temple though I read my patriarchal blessing and what an awesome experience that was. I know that the Lord has many things in store for me and that if I work my hardest right now in the mission the Lord and my Heavenly Father with bless me for my labors for the whole rest of my entire life. I know that these 2 years, 20 months, are the most important 2 years of my life thus far and all I want to do is be the best I possibly can. I love this work my family and I love each and every one of you guys more than you will ever ever know. We are the RICKS / SCOTT'S and the Lord is watching over and protecting us always. !!!!

Sorry to keep this short, I have to go pack my bags and get all stressed out hahah but I think I can do it. 

PS:::::: a less active/re activated member made me a handmade Ukulele.... the tiny Hawaiian guitar.... hahah and signed the back and all and he is giving it to me tonight!!! It is the coolest thing ever!!!!!  You will love it chan man. ;) haha

I love you all so so much and know that everything is great here in Colombia Bogota Sur ;)

I love MY FAMILY and my Saviour Jesus Christ so so much. 

Hugs, kisses, blessings, prayers, and love!

I love you all and ask for each of you to give one another a hug from me when your all reunited this week as the family again!!!!! I love you guys so so much!!!

Sorry to keep this one short mommy, I want you to know that I love you and miss you so much - more than you know, but like you said I know that I am doing the right thing and that the Lord watches over and protects us always. I miss coming through the door, being with you, watching TV late at night with you... CASTLE...., you doing my laundry as well.... ;) haha and so many other things, but I know that my gratitude and love for you has grown intensely from being away from you and I love you more now than you would ever ever know!!!!!

Thank you for your advice and courage to help me keep pushing, knocking on one more door and just keep working harder and harder. I know that through faith all things are possible and that the Lord is always with us. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation as well and the map it is in our lives and that it becomes in all the lives of all those I teach. 

Mommy I love you, I miss you, and I pray for you every night and day. Think of me, smile for me, and know that all is well and that I am just loving and learning so so much out here.

I love you MOM!!!! Look to the moon and think of me.

My wonderful Daddy, Hero, and Idol

SO grateful to be in the misson for another week and to hear from you once more!! The work is awesome daddy!!!! I don't have to much time so I'll keep this short, but the work is absolutely awesome. ELDER SALAS AND I HAD 30 LESSONS THIS WEEK!!!!!! WE HAD 9 IN ONE DAY!!!! We have just been killing it and I have learned so much from him. You are right my training is over and now it's really game time. I am giving it my all now and giving my all to the Lord for the next 20 months!!!

That is such a crack up about Jesse from McDonalds!!!! hahah How thoughtful of him to think of me and the picture is AWESOME!!!!!! hahahah

Turns out I'm getting transferred...... so I can't buy the suit..... but its all good. MAN I LOVE AND MISS YOU
So happy to hear your goin home for a little and please say hello to the family for me.

Thanks for your kind words daddy. "Every thing you just said is exactly what [ I was going to say]" - Nacho haha its so true though dad I think the same about you and really appriciate you saying that about me. I look up to you so so much, love you, and miss your, more than you will ever ever know!!!

I love you daddy and can't wait to talk to you the following week as well ;) love you daddy

I'm all good for now daddy, you truly are the best! I love you daddy, think of me and smile for me becasue I love and miss you dearly!!!!

Your Son, brother, and Missionary

Elder Michael Shawn Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.