Beautiful Day in Cuidad Verde!
Elder Salas and I
Searched for 3 hours and couldn't find a size 13 soccer shoe. Bought an 11.5 and hope they will stretch!
Had to "jimmy rig" a door with a part from a headboard
Package from Morris & Rocio Wood
M&M's and a missionary talk :) Please thank them for me!
Scripture book mark I made
Kite season in Colombia!
Happy 50th Birthday to my DAD!
My wonderul Family,
I thought i would write you both in one email to make it a little easier and because you guys are together!!! ;)
Wow what a fun fun time you two are having up there in Fredricksburg at that ranch! I am so so happy to see your smiling faces and to know that you guys are just so so happy and blessed. I'm so glad you guys got to relax a little and that the kids at home are doing spectacular!!! I love my family so so much and you will never know how much I have grown for my family in the mission! How bout James' new car!!??? thats pretty cool.....
I'm happy to hear that the case is finally over for mom and that it's all settled and done! Man I'm so happy for our wonderful Family!!!
I think the money for the suit will be fine. he told me it might be 80 US $ so maybe just like 20 more if thats all right and I will definitely take a pic in it!!
To answer your question - I don't think I will be getting transferred. I have these next 2 weeks left of training and then I'm done. Then I heard the mission really starts to just fly fly by. Elder Salas and I had the opportunity to have interviews with President Lozano last Thursday and it was awesome!!! I was so so nervous ( my first interview in the field), but it was such a wonderful experience!! He taught me so so much and we talked about great things. I love him so much and will never ever forget him. At the end of our interviews we think that he will keep us together for a longer time cause we are just rocking it together...I don't want to like boast or sound prideful, but we have had the best numbers / indicatores in our zone for the last 4 and a half weeks - better than the zone leaders and all. We had 25 lessons this past week and need to step it up even more!!! The work is just going awesome! I am learning so much and just so pumped and happy to be out on my mission!"!!
Mom I will take a pic inside and outside of my apartment for you and send it to you all next Monday ;)
My journal writing is going awesome. I always write down like 4 or 5 thoughts if i don't have time that night and then I finish writing for that day when I have a second. I love the mission and know how important it is to write all this stuff down so I will NEVER ever forget these best 2 years!! I am setting goals, but I know I could set better ones and always improve. I will set more personal goals and measure them and do all I can to fulfill them. I love the mission and am so so grateful for this opportunity to bring those I was foreordained to meet unto this gospel, but also to grow so much as a son, brother, father, future husband, and worthy steadfast member of this church!!
I am dong so so good mom and dad and the work is just flyin by. It is hard sometimes, but it is going so well!!! I am feel awesome mom and love it here with all my heart. I could work on loving the people more and more and becoming more and more humble and setting myself on the plane they are on. Such humble people! Spanish is going awesome. Elder Salas is such a bomb teacher and I am learning so much from him.
I love the mission so much and I am so happy to know I have the best support system behing me at home! MY FAMILY!!!!!!
DAD-
Happy 50th Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe you are turning 50 and you look 42!!!! I am so so happy you are able to spend this special day with mom tomorrow. Please know how much I wish I could be there with you! I love you dad and I miss you dearly! I strive each and every day to become like you and I would die to be 50 and be all that you are at this age. Dad I want you to know how grateful I am for you....... as I hold back these tears in this small Internet cafe I want you to know that! You have taught me everything I know along side of your beautiful wife, my wonderful parents!!! I honestly have no clue where or who I would be without you and my sweet mom! I am so grateful for your example to me, your teachings, your relationship, your love, your care, your time, and many other things. I don't have time to type hahaha in this tiny little hour of family time I have!! hahah Dad I love you with all my heart, I am so grateful for all you do for me and the fam and for just the dad and father you are to me! I love you, I miss you and I wish you the Happiest BIRTHDAY EVER DAD!!!! Thank you for everything! I am there with you today and tomorrow and always ALWAYS pray for you. I pray for your job, those times your alone, and many more. I love you dad, and now I only have one more birthday to miss of yours before I'm right there by your side for the next one!!! I love you, I miss you, and I am so so grateful for you! Happy 50th Daddy!!!!
Go to McDonald's with mom for me and get a Coke and a cheeseburger and just think back on the good ol' times! ;) I love you dad so so much!!!
I love you mom and dad, and sure wish I was there with you guys! Know that I love and miss you and pray for you guys and the family every single day, morning and night!!
The full moon has been crazy and I think of you mom every night I see it!!! Look at it tonight as well!!! hahah
I love you Mom, I love you Dad!
..... and i cant wait till next Monday to talk to you guys again. I love you - I miss you and I'm your Missionary ;)
Thank you for every single thing you do for me!!
Your son, Your Missionary,
-- Happy Birthday Daddy --
Elder Michael SHAWN Ricks
P.S. : I love you mom to the moon and back!!!!!
Give each other a hug from me ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.