ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, May 18, 2015

Lunch with an area 70!

My Dear Family,


What a week did I have in the Mission!!!! Lets start off from day one,This past week we had the meeting as Leaders (ZL) in Bogota' with Presidebt Lozano. We traveled all day Sunday and got there that night and just had a good time. On Monday we played soccer with my old zone in Kennedy and we just had a blast. We went to the offices and found a KRISPY KREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN COLOMBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the only one in all of Colombia! We went with like 6 Gringos and we just lived it up to the max. I have some pics and will have to send them to you all. We planned that night Elder Jessop and I for the zone to present perfect plans to our mission President on what we are going to be doing as a zone to complete all of our goals. We had an awesome meeting on Tuesday and just an amazing spiritual time as well. It was really cool to be with President so much. We traveled back home on Wednesday and finally got back to Neiva at 5 in the afternoon.  It had been a little tought to work this past week for the lack of time and all that, but we have seen a lot of miracles here in our area. We are having some problems in our ward with some bad stuff and so we are trying to work it all out with the Stake President (President Casalles) and President Lozano. Speaking of President Casalles - we had lunch with him on Thursday as leaders here in Neiva and it was just AWESOME! He is a head gynecologist here in Neiva and the whole time we just talked about Doctor stuff and we talked about all the births I have seen and we just had a great chat. This weekend was stake conference and we also had our last interview s with President Lozano in the mission :( :( Stake conference was ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! A Seventy from the first quorum of the 70' came and presided and it was just incredible. On Saturday night he just THREW IT DOWN on the wards and it was just amazing to see. 8 Elders had their interviews with President and I had to grade area books for the first time...that was tough!!! hahah On Sunday - Elder Calderon spoke again and it was just so great to be in his presence... we had to grade more area books and do some errands as a companionship and I got a call from President Lozano.... he said " Elder Ricks... and then everything that continued after... I did not understand...." hahah but I ended saying "Listo" hahah and then we went back to grading the area books with Elder Jessop and he called back... hahah this time in English " Elder Ricks... we are waiting to eat Lunch with you and Elder Jessop" we put on the suit jackets and RAN!!! ahaah into the Stake High Council Room and we ( Elder Jessop and I ) had lunch with President Lozano and his Wife, President Casalles and his wife, AND A SEVENTY......!!!! It was one of the coolest moments of my whole entire life!!! Just a funny story as we were eating lunch, Elder Calderon the 70´ was telling the leaders how to prepare a ward or stake to receive a general authority... and he said the you need to always have sealed water ready for them... and Elder Jessop said " Elder I was wondering.... what do you mean by sealed water.... you have to seal water in the temple for the general authorities? and everyone just started CRACKING up!!!!! hahah and the Elder said... no... I just mean like a sealed bottled water... it was SOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! After lunch at about 3:30 on Sunday I had my very last interview with President Lozano... in my mission. We talked about ohhh so so much stuff and it is all in my journal, but I thought I would tell you all a few things that he told me. He said "Elder Ricks I think you know this, but you were born of GOODLY PARENTS, even better than the parents of Nephi." he then went on to explain that he could see in me, two wonderful parents who have raised their kids in richness and worthily to serve The Lord in all that He needs. And I just thought I would tell my wonderful parents THANK YOU for all you have done and taught me in my life. You truly are GOODLY parents and I could never thank you enough. He then said later in the big interview " Elder Ricks the very first day I had you in my office for your very first interview, I felt a spirit that I didn't know someone could have... he told me that my spirit just fills what ever room I step foot in and that I leave an impression where ever I go. He said that he knew in that moment that I would do great things if I always do what is asked of me. He then said that he knows I can accomplish great things and that it is now my time to shine and shoot off like a rocket. It was really one of the best interviews I have had in all of my life and I could feel the love that he has for me and that my Savior and Heavenly Father has for me. He told me to use the special spirit that I have and do all the missionary work I can. To use it to my advantage and not push others unto Christ, but pull them unto Him that is within and with me always. What a crazy week this Elder Ricks had here in Neiva Colomia. A week that will nark the rest of my whole entire life and a week that I will NEVER EVER forget! I know that my Savior lives, and that He calls incredible men to serve Him. IT was an HONOR to meet first hand one of his 70´ and to have lunch with him. Talk about being nervous while eating..... hahah I love my mission with all my heart and we are just working like animals here!!! I love my mission and am doing all I can to not waist a minute. I love my family so so much and I know that my Savior is blessing each and every one of us. May the Lord be with you all and that you all might feel his presence and love for each and every one of you!! The Church is true... ITS TRUE!!!!

Your Son, Your Brother, Your Missionary,

Michael Shawn Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.