ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, May 25, 2015

Foreordained Companions

My Dear Family,



What a crazy week I had. I don't have much time and this computer keyboard is broken and I am so stressed and mad at it...hahaha.  This past week we had the opportunity to go o some exchanges with some of the district leaders and see how we can help them. We had a wonderful time and in the exchanges one of our baptisms that is coming up said "YES YES YES" and she will be getting baptizesd this SATURDAY! Whoop Whoop....pictures to come! This past week we ad a super super good day at church...we work so hard all week and it's like a championship game every weekend to see the fruits of our labors during the week...and by far it was the BEST week of my whole mission!  




We had 2 investigators there with  baptismal dates and progressing 4 other investigators - 6 in total. We had 11 less active members come that we are reactivating and some of them haven't came to church in about 30 years. We also had 2 recent converts come and they are still going strong and 1 recent rescued and he is going strong. It truly was just an incredible week.

I LOVE THE MISSION!!!



As we were teaching Angie this week (she is the one getting baptized this Saturday) we had the chance to teach her about Family History. I always show my Family Tree in the lesson. We shared a bunch of stories about our ancestry (Elder Jessop and I) and it's crazy how rich our ancestry really is. It was cool to think how foreordained Elder Jessop and I are to be together..... His grandpa Isaac Morley was a pioneer with our ancestor - Thomas E. Ricks and Brigham Young and in the super small world that we live in.... as I was looking at the stories that we have about Thomas E. Ricks turns out that my great great great grandpa Thomas Ricks received his patriarchal blessings from Elder Jessop's great great great grandpa Isaac Morley... HOW ABOUT THAT!!!?? We are also related in some way to Elder Jessop because the sister of Isaac Morley was sealed to Brigham. We just have the best of times and the most spiritual of times together as a companionship. I JUST LOVE HIM TO DEATH.                                                                                                                                                    I feel bad for super short email.... this keyboard just doesn't do squat..... but I want you all to know how much I love and miss you. Thanks for all your doing for me and I just wish you all the best. CHAN MAN congrats on your call and stinkin GRADUATING!!!!!!! I am so happy your home daddy and how about that U2 concert!!!!???? SO happy for James and Janelle Hannah and Cameron and how about Claire and Gracie coming to the end of school and Gracie gradutaing 6th grade...... MAN I WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU ALL..... but know how much I love each and every one of you. Have fun cleaning the house.... hahah and you'll have to send some pics.                                                                                                                                                                

I love my family!!!!!!!! See you next week ;) I will be back in Bogota to go to the temple and have  another meeting with President!!!

Love you all,

Your son, your bro, your missionary,

Elder M. Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.