ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, May 4, 2015

Being Transferred to Neiva Colombia and My First Greengo Companion!


My Wonderful Family,


Well this past week has been a little crazy..... we have been working hard and I have just been feeling a little weird all week long. Daddy last week sent me a POWERFUL letter to help me out as a missionary and I put it to work. I have been trying so hard to just be the best missionary that I can, and I really feel that the letter my awesome daddy sent me will really put me on the track to become like Him, like my Brother, and like my Brother in Law.

Like most of you know.... I will be getting transferred.... There were exchanges last night and it was just an awesome eexperience. We got all the indicatores in as a zone super fast so that we could know that changes as soon as possible..... and the zone leaders called every one of us in the zone Kennedy on a conference call to tell us all the Exchanges together..... And I have been called to serve in Neiva Colombia as a zone leader with Elder Jessop.... I don't know if you guys recognize his name.... he is one of my best friends in the mission and he was my zone leader in Ibague and HE IS FROM PROVO!!!! I will be having an American as my companion.... ITS GOING TO BE CRAZY!!!!! I don't want to loose my Spanish... hahaah now to tell you guys a little about Neiva....

Neiva is one of the hottest places in the mission.... Wahhooooo hahahahh I will be riding a bike like crazy and living up in the heat. Neiva is a place of a lot of tourism There are dancing competitions from all over the world and stuff like that. My house apparently has AC!!!!!!!! hahah and that is the best part. I don't really know much more about Neiva, but every missionary that has had the chance to go there says that it is just the best!!!! I hope that I can live it up there to the max as a missionary and that I have awesome moments with my new companion Elder Jessop. He almost played D1 College Football. He is half Samoan and half American and just has such an awesome testimony!!! I am pretty excited to serve The Lord side by side with him. 

I don't have much time Family... I have to go visit and say goodbye to all the members here and pack all my bags.... hahah UGHHHHH, But I want you all to know how much I love and miss you.... and even more how much I love the mission!!! I know that this church is true and that my family is eternal. I will work harder than ever in my whole mission to bless each and every one of you in the biggest way that I can. I love you all so much!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT RICKS FAM TO SEE YOU ALL ON SKYPE IN 6 DAYS, THE 10TH OF MAY AT SIX O'CLOCK MY TIME HERE IN COLOMBIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gracie GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy 12th Birthday!!!!! Man I wish I was there to go to the temple with you and see my little Gracie girl in the baptismal faunt for the dead!!!! man I love my family!
The gospel is true.... ITS TRUE!
Your son, your brother and your missionary,

Michael S. Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.