ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, February 9, 2015

Transfers came....and now I'm gone

I made my companions bed :)

Hot Sauce Spill - I put a knife under my arm
and freaked a few out at the restaurant

I ate a manly part of a bull that no one should ever eat

Oreos from Claire
 
We went back to the bounce place!
 

Elder Parra and I's last taxi ride

District Leader Selfie
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
I found SYRUP & JELLY
 
French Toast Gringo Breakfast with Elder Gerber
 
 
                                    
Elder Gerber
  
Piano teacher reminds me of Sister Carrol
 
Coolest member ever - sells Herbalife
 

She reminds me of Sarah Jones

He is just like Shayne Hemsley


My wonderful WONDERFUL family,

Wow this past week was just awesome!!!! My dearest family I don't have very much time... but I will write you all just the best of the best the "neety greety" of the stuff from this last week. :) haha

Well this past week my comp and I started working in our new segmented area, it was hard at first but wow in one week we have seen the results of working with diligence and intelligence. We found a family of 5 and a family of 5 Less Actives... and we....well..... my companion will be working really hard with them, because I got TRANSFERED!!!!

This past Sunday we had the opportunity to have 3 at church and to have 1 progressing for his baptismal date, his name is Jonathan and he is just an amazing kid. This past week daddy gave me some homework... he asked me that when I shake someone's hand that I can say in my mind " I love you so so much and I want to bless your life and your family" so ..... I DID IT!! haha When we went to a new part of my area, we contacted a reference.... its the Familia Montañez and as I shook the hand of the Mother I used these words as I shook her hand and I know that she felt something special. This past week as well we finally had the opportunity to teach Hermano Jonahtan, he is a young man that has 20 years of age. He is a drug addict and has been in just bad times.... As we were teaching him I was explaining to him the importance of his family and that what he is doing has just been damaging them and his life so so much. One of my FAVORITE things is to teach about families and I try so so hard to just teach so simply so that they can feel the love that I have for my family and the love that I have for them and their families so that they can become like mine.... and as I was teaching him this while talking I just kept saying in my mind " Jonathan, I love you so much and I want to help you and bless your life more than you know" when I finished saying those words in my mind, and that exact moment him and his mother started to cry..... and I KNEW, that I was an instrument of the Lord in his hands, through the words of MY father to bless and to testify that these things were true to 2 of his children. Ricks family, I KNOW that this church is true.... I know that the Lord loves me, and no matter how hard times are he will bless me. Jonathan accepted his baptismal date and will be baptized with Elder Parra and his new companion the 28th of February. I love this gospel and I love MY mission!!!!!

Ricks fam.... hahah I will be leaving the paradise of Ibague where I have dwelled for 7 months hahah to a new area called "KENNEDY" in the great city of Bogotá. I have been called to serve again as a District Leader, to Train a new missionary, and to open a new area...... I am nervous but I know just like Nephi did that the Lord has prepared a way and that he will help me EVERY step of the way just like he has in the past and will in the future for each one of us in the Ricks Family. I am sad to be leaving all of my converts here in Ibague but "someone has moved my cheese....." and now I need to go and find it. I need to do what the Lord expects of me and be the best instrument in this time that he needs me to be. I am so happy Ricks fam to be in the mission, they truly have been the best "10"?? jaja months of my whole life. ( other than that 1...one.....moment when I made a three pointer in one of my high school basketball games.... thanks coach KELLER for playing me so so much.....) haha I just love this Gospel so much and am just so so happy to be here at this time in my life!!!      HAPPY BITHDAY CHAN MAN!!!!!!! wow I cant believe your almost 18 years old.... my best friend is a man....

haha this wonderful p day we had the opportunity to have a testimony meeting as a zone to let all the missionaries that will be leaving share some of their thoughts... I had the opportunity to share my thoughts and along with myself allow all others to cry.... hahah. Man its tough sometimes to not only leave an area in the mission and your converts and the members.. but MAN it is HARD to leave some Elders and Sisters.... I will miss my comp dearly, ELDER SKANCY, and my zone leaders and my DISTRICT.... sometimes it just blows my mind the amount of impact we really have on one another and how much someone can mean to others... it was one of the most gratifying ( I don't know how to spell that ) moments that I have had in my mission to see all the little missionaries in the pews in the sacrament room of my district cry as I shared my testimony with all of those in the room. The mission truly is just the best thing ever, and I am so blessed to not only bless my life, my converts lives, and my family, but to bless the lives of other missionaries around me. From this moment on..... I will strive so hard to just be the best example and to help the missionaries I have been called to serve in every EVERY aspect of their lives. I LOVE THE MISSION

well Ricks fam... I gotta go pack and say goodbye to everyone... hahah so I will let you go... but!!
Mom and Daddy, James and Janelle, Hannah and Cameron, Chan Man Mr. 18, Claire bear, and Gracie girl I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH!! THANK YOU FOR BEING MY my FAMILY!!!!!! I miss you guys so much!!!

Your son, Your brother, Your missionary,
Elder Michael S. Ricks

a few pics to come :)
hope you enjoy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.