My WONDERFUL FAMILY!!! HELLO from Marsella, Kennedy Bogota' Colombia. Well as you all know.... there was transfers...... I am back here in Bogota!!!! On Monday I had the opportunity to say goodbye to everyone and just express all of my love for them. It was a little hard and sad but I am happy to know that they are not only friendships here on the earth but eternal. ( I will send some pics ) I left to Bogota Tuesday morning at about 7:00 oclock. I got here at about 11:45am and the first thing that my new zone leader told me was.... " hey tomorrow we have interviews with President " hahha well sweet let's get preparing.... hahah: So on Tuesday night we just met some families and some investigators and I got to know my new companion. It was an awesome day!
Wednesday morning.... I JUST HAD THE BEST - THE BEST!!!! INTERVIEW WITH PRESIDENT LOZANO!!! My interview that I had with my mission President - Ricks family was just amazing.
We talked for a LONG time hahah and I just had the chance to ask him questions and it was really just a moment that strengthened my testimony. It is crazy to think how much a mission President is really doing for you or how worried he is for you sometimes. It was just a wonderful experience to talk to him, get to know him a little more, and even teach him English hahah it was just INCREDIBLE!!!!! My new companion is AWESOME!!! His name is Elder Spencer Alava and he is from Peru. It has just been a blast getting to know him, the area, and all the members and investigators here in my new area. My new area is just awesome!!!!!! The members here are just AMAZING!!!!!! There is a family that is called la familia Bayona!! They are just the coolest people ever!!! Brother Carlos and his wife Jennifer are EXACTLY exactly like Hannah and Cameron. CARLOS IS THE SAME AS CAMERON AND I JUST HAVE SO MUCH FUN WHEN I AM WITH HIM!!!! The little sister of Carlos is Jenny and she is EXACLTY exactly like Amy, and it is just so awesome to spend time with them and feel like I am with my family. They are just incredible and THEY SPEAK ENGLISH!!!! The mom of Carlos and Jenny met her husband in SALT LAKE CITY. They are just an awesome family.
This past week with my companion we have had some of the most SPIRITUAL experiences and lessons than any other time in my whole mission. We have been teaching like crazy about the Atonement and it has just been so powerful. There are two things that I just love teaching in the mission, 1) is my FAMILY!!! I just love it..... the spirit is always so so strong!!! and 2) My Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement..... It is my favorite topic and the most spiritual topics there are to teach. I JUST LOVE IT!!!! This past week we had the chance to teach a FAMILY OF SEVEN "7" haha it was the second time that we have taught them and their "brother, husband, son" Saul... past away from a motorcycle accident 4 weeks ago.... and it has BEEN HARD for them.... HARD!! Last night with my companion we had one of the best lessons EVER!!!!!! We talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and showed the movie "thanks to Him" we taught that thanks to Him we can be eternal families and we explained all there is about Family History and about their loved one named Saul. IT was just an INCREDIBLE lesson, and the spirit was so strong. I had the chance to talk about my big brother..... JAMES!!! When our sweet Grandma Ricks past away during his mission.... I just shared my testimony to them about the faith that my big brother had... to stay in the MISSION and to keep sharing this same message with others about hard times like these.... I WILL NEVER FORGET LAST NIGHT..... AS ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS OF MY WHOLE MISSION!!!!Yesterday I had the chance to give a church TALK!!! I recorded it hahhah so I will send it to you all.... crap I forgot the cord...... dangit... hahah I will send it next week!! hahah I had the chance to give a church talk and by surprise 10 min. before the sacrament meeting started President Lozano showed up... alone.... haha and he was the other speaker! We talked together!!! IT WAS AWESOME - talk about nerves, but I think I just nailed it. It was the first time seeing the majority of these people and I had 8 people crying. It was just so cool to give a church talk with my mission President!!!
Ricks family I love you all so much. I am sorry that this email is a little short but I hope and pray that you all can feel my love. I love the mission so much, I love my Savior Jesus Christ more than you all know.... I KNOW the Atonement is real and that through it we all as a family will have eternal life. I love my new companion, I Love my new Area, and I love the Members here. I LOVE MY...MY... MISSION and I love MY FAMILY!!
I can't wait to talk and to hear from you all next Monday, but until then, blessings, love, and hello from Colombia. I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!
WE ARE THE RICKS!!!!!!
Your son, Your missionary, your brother,Elder Michael S. Ricks****A few seconds later we got another email......
hahahahahahhahaha I FORGOT THE BEST PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my new area I am the new district leader and my district is my companion and I.... and 4 other Sisters..... I am the new Relief Society President.... haha It all girls....!!!!!!!!!!
It is so awesome and I am just so happy to work with them and to serve them. I just love the mission!!!!
Relief Society - 2015!!!!!!! hahaha
Love you all so so much
P.S. that is why the letter is called " the new R. S. President hahha
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.