Our Ward Mission Leader, his wife and new baby boy!
La Estacion
Best P Day ever at a bounce place!
WOW- what a week!!! hahah
My wonderful family,
I have about ten minutes to write you all and then I need to send you guys some awesome pictures so I will let my tiny little fingers do their work!! haha
This past week was just great. My companion and I have been improving in every aspect of the work. The only thing that we need to improve on is the number of Souls and investigators we are teaching to come to church. Its been a little tough the past few weeks but we are working really really hard.
This past week was filled with lots of work. We had some super spiritual lessons and just great experiences as a companionship. On Tuesday we had a District Meeting and it was just an incredible time we had together as a District. My mission President has told me that the "District Meetings" have to be the second most spiritual and important meeting of the week, after the sacrament meeting on Sundays. So i have been trying and trying each and every week to teach and testify with the spirit. Without the Holy Ghost in missionary work..... it doesn't exist..... So we had an awesome meeting. We learned about the importance of commitments and how we can better extend them to our investigators. At the end of the meeting I had the chance to share a little scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 138 I believe it is verse 56. I told each and every one of the missionaries in my district that they have been fore ordained to come here to not only Colombia, but IBAGUE' to find and teach their friends from the pre-existence. I shared the wonderful experience that I had with each and every one of you.... the very last night that I had home before the mission..... ;( thanks a lot I am crying now..... hahah. It was late at night on the 21st of April, and the Ricks family was watching "Heavens Warrior"... to be honest I feel bad because I didn't watch very much of the movie or pay too much attention because I was learning how to sew on a button by daddy, but I have realized in the mission the importance of that night that we had as the Ricks family. And I will Never NEVER forget it. I know that I have been pre-ordained to be called as a missionary in the fullness of times to be called to serve in the country and city of Colombia Bogota South, in the City Ibague' and I will never forget that spiritual moment I had with each and every one of you......... before I left on my two year full time mission.
On Thursday we had a surprise attack by the Zone leaders... hahaha they came over super early to see how our planning is going and how they can help us. It was really awesome and I learned a TON!!!! Sunday was just a wonderful day, we had one investigator in church with us and it was an awesome fast and testimony meeting. I heard a lot about the super bowl that night and what a bummer that the Seahawks lost.... ;( maybe next year!! haha
On Monday well today, it was one of the best P-Days that I have had in the mission. My comp. had to go get his blood checked... he has a problem with his thyroid and his lymph nods so he has to get his blood checked every 6 months so we had to go today at 7 in the morning. We got permission to not study and so forth and so we played soccer with the zone from about 9 tell 11:30 in the morning. IT WAS SO SO MUCH FUN!!!! Afterwards we went to eat as a district at Subway and it was a fine American meal... and then afterwards the best of all, we went to a place like " Just bounce " or " Jump around " YEAHHHHH a Trampoline PARK!!! It was stinkin Awesome!!! I felt so at home!!! Seriously. And man was I just the center of the show ( I'm humble I promise) haha all the workers and everyone were just so so shocked and said that they have never seen anyone do anything like that... hahaha I was just bouncing all over the place doing back flips every where and just missed going to these places with my .....FAMILY.... like chan man and Claire bear. And the whole time I just made sure that there wasn't a little kid or person under me to break my leg on... haha ;) But seriously it was just the funnest time ever. I will send a BUNCH of pictures and a video ;)
My wonderful family I have to go..... I want you all to know how much I love and miss each and every single one of you. I will have 10 months in the mission before you know it and then 20 years of good ol` age. I love the mission with all my heart and I am just so so happy to be here. I can't wait to hear from you all next week and to have the chance to write you all once again. I will let you all know if I am getting transferred or not. I LOVE MY FAMILY!! WE ARE THE RICKS!!
Love you Mommy and Daddy,
James and Janelle,
Hannah and Cameron,
Chandler,
Claire,
Claire,
and Grace.
I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!
Your son, Your missionary, Your brother, and your Brother in Law,
Elder Michael S. Ricks
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.