ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, August 10, 2015

From Nervous to Spiritual!

Baptism of the Florez Family




Zone Pyramid for President Baquerizo's Birthday
My wonderful family,

What a week you all had, man I am so happy to hear that you all are just so busy. Thanks mommy and daddy for going on that little vayy kayy, you two truly deserve it. HAPPY 51st Birthday Rock Star, thanks for being the Dad we all so need!!!

This past week was a little AWESOME!!!! Elder Brown and i are just focusing and focusing on baptism with all those we come in contact with and we are just trying to do the very best we can for our area and for the zone. Man I've grown a lot here in Neiva. It has been some highlight reels of my mission. That's foorrr sure.

Today I would like to tell you guys a little bit about a girl named Claudia. Claudia is the girlfriend of a less active that the missionaries have taught about 4 months ago. They recently came back to church with FUERZA so we decided to attack and do all we could to teach her and him the gospel in these moments. Claudia is a very pretty young lawyer and Ivan her boyfriend is just the coolest guy ever. They are an awesome couple and they remind me a lot of James and Janelle and Hannah and Cameron. Claudia has the "fame" of destroying Elders in their teaching because she studies the book of Mormon better than most of us... hahaha She has notes and notes on pages and pages of her commitments that the Elders gave her and she corrects you when your wrong... hahah There was an Elder who got the date wrong of the restoration of the Priesthood and she totally shut him down. She's a lawyer so yeah..... So as you could all imagine little Elder Ricks was terrified to get in on this lesson, sometimes as missionaries your just feel confidant as ever and that is how I feel most of the time and then there are other times when its just like... " what do I say " maybe because of some situations your in or for the people your around. So I was nervous and just thinking wayyy to much about what I was going to say in this lesson to kinda just break the ice with Claudia and Ivan. Elder Brown and I shared a video that is called " The things that are most important " a beautiful Mormon message. And wow what a powerful lesson we had as we watched and shared after watching this video. I can honestly tell you that I don't remember a single thing that I said... but I can tell you that the spirit which was present was incredible. Elder Brown after the lesson as we got home and finished planning told me, " Elder Ricks.... I don't know how you did that tonight. " "You really touched the hearts of all of us" Sometimes in our lives we feel so nervous or we worry about things wayyy too much. A lot of times in my mission I have worried so much about what I am going to say in some lessons or what I am going to do to accomplish this or how are we going to contact that.. when really we just need to listen and focus on what is most important. I know that God is always with us and He will always give us all we need if we are willing and worthy to receive such. It was an incredible lesson and Claudia just loved it. She told us that she has never felt more happy than in any other time of her life and that she wants to be baptized. She told us that she would put her date..... but that she would be baptized. As we left with them in their car she just thanked us and told us how amazing we were. She said that we have such perfect Spanish+!!! And that it's just really remarkable all we know and all we do. I am so so happy Ricks family to be out here in MY mission. I am so happy for all of these awesome experience's I have EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!!! And I hope you guys can learn a little more about how I am doing from hearing them ;)

I had the opportunity to speak for the 10th time here in Neiva.. I have been here for 14 weeks hahah in Sacrament (be careful for what you pray for) and I just had an awesome talk. I actually recorded it and I would like to send it to the fam. Even though it is in Spanish I hope you all may feel the spirit. 

I am just doing so well, this Thursday we will have a multi-zone conference with President Baquerizo and his family and Elder Brown and I have been asked to give a 30 min. Lesson one example in front of EVERYONE.... I'm a little nervous but I know that if I do my part the Lord with bless me with the rest.

I love you all so so much and I am so happy to know you are all doing so well. I hope you have an AWESOME birthday daddy, know how much I love and miss you and appreciate you. Jamers I hope your foot gets feeling better, just like momma said I bet you'll get even more sales. ;) I love you Hannah and Cameron. Chan MAN how's the mission prep coming? I got a surprise for you ;);)  Claire and Gracie how is school going, I love you two so so much and hope that you gals are just having a blast

I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!! We are the Ricks and we are AWESOME

Your son, Your missionary,

Elder Michael Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.