What an amazing week did my amazing family have!!!!! Mommy I am so so so happy for you. What an amazing week did my amazing family have!!!!! Mommy I am so so so happy for you - man the blessing you will be for ALLLLLL of those sweet children. Being a missionary and thinking of the blessing it would be to have you here..... You will do an outstanding job mom ;)
This past week was crazy, I think as you all know Elder Jessop got transferred..... I was pretty bummed but I know that it is what the Lord needs and wants. So on Tuesday bright and early I had to go with Elder Jessop and 6 other Elders who were transferred back up to Bogota. I had to travel because we had the leadership counsel on Thursday and the assistants told us that it wouldn't make sense for poor Elder Brown to travel all week long. So Elder Jessop and I were to go together, stay with Elder Brown and Elder Holden in their apartment ( that was a blast ) and then I would come back home to Neiva with Elder Brown on Thursday. So we got to Bogota and the business began. Elder Jessop and I had to run many errands and to the office of the mission to work a few things out. We ate lunch up there with some other missionaries and we just had a splendid time. We had our meeting with President Baquerizo and His wife on Thursday and what a Spiritual meeting that was. We touched so many points of what we could all do better and I learned so so many things. President Baquerizo is just an incredible man and he is so humble. Every time I have the chance to be with him I can just feel his love radiate in the room. I love him and his wife so so much and I am so grateful for them. They truly are my second parents.
Elder Brown and I got back to town on Friday night at about 7 p.m. I showed him around town and then we had to go back home. We worked as hard as we could on Saturday and Sunday and we were able to have great blessings and results. Elder Brown and I were teaching an investigator named Marcus, his little brother is a recent convert of about 5 months and Elder Jessop and I had been doing all we could to bring the gospel to his whole family. Marcus is progressing so so much and know so many things. He has a pure heart, a desire to change, and wants a better path for his life. He told us that he wants to be baptized when he knows everything and is 100% sure. I felt the need to share the personal story of mine that it was to make the decision to come out here on the mission. I told him that even though I had no clue what was going to happen to me or my family I knew that it was something that I should do, and that it has been the second best decision of my whole life after that of being baptized. The spirit was oh so strong and like I felt it I knew that he did too. So after bearing my testimony Elder Brown and I extended a baptismal date for the 15th of August... three days after my daddy's birthday and he accepted. I know that he will be an example for his family and that him and Edward his younger brother will bring ohh so many blessing to their family in years to come. What a blessing it is to be a missionary. I love this gospel with all my heart and just like mommy told me I know that our Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us. I know that he knows me and he knows all those I come in contact with. And that is why he needs me and Elder Brown here in this place and in this time.
I love each and every one of you with all my heart. I am so grateful for the blessings our Heavenly Father is blessing us with and I know that he will continue watching over us always. I love my family so so much and what a blessing it is to be your brother and son.
I can't wait to hear from you all and talk to you all next Monday.
Your son, your brother, your missionary,
Elder Michael S. Ricks
P.s.... Pictures wouldn't load :(
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.