ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS
Monday, June 22, 2015
MY Lil´ Bro is going to CHILEEEEEEEE!!!! MY Big´ Bro is having a Girl!!!
My Dad is the Best dad in the WORLD
My mom is the most influential women in my life - Happy Birthday Mommy
My Older Brother James and his wife are - HAVING a baby GIRL!
And my best friend and Lil' Brother - is serving the Lord as a full-time Missionary in SANTIAGO, CHILE!!! The Gospel is True, and just like the second principal says in lesson one that we have as missionaries "The Restoration" - Lesson 2 Principal 2: Our Heavenly Father blesses our Families!!!!!!!!!!
What a marvelous last week we all had as a family!!!! What a fun time, special memories, and blessings from the Lord. I couldn't be any happier than I am right now!!! Congrats Chan man on your mission call and the most important call of your whole life..... I know that you will be one heck of a missionary with the personality that you have and for the parents that you have been raised by. That is why Dad was an awesome missionary, why James was an awesome missionary, why Cameron was an awesome missionary, and why I think I am an awesome missionary hahah because we have been raised in the gospel and we have 2 Killer PARENTS!!!!! Thanks mom and Dad, Happy Fathers Day!!
This past week was much better than the last, we were able to get out back to work and have our very last zone meeting with President Lozano before they depart home.... It was a special meeting and as a zone, Elder Jessop and I thought that we would do something special for them, so we bought them a cake and a HUGE card and gave it to them as a zone in the break. It was a special moment and just an awesome time to tell them thank you!!!! After the meeting we were able to have exchanges with the Assistants for two days and spend some awesome special time with them. One of the Assistants was my trainer and it was just a blast to be back with him. Thanks to my leaders in the mission we were able to do the right thing that the Lord expected out of us as His missionaries. Our area is progressing a LOT and we have been finding so many children of our Heavenly Father that are prepared and willing to accept this message. Elder Jessop and I have had some very spiritual moments together and just to share one of them... One day a few days ago we were walking to an appointment after we just left one and we were walking on a little shortcut path that we would make it there faster... and I told Elder Jessop " Hey Elder, I don't know why... but we need to walk that way" and he said "But this way is much faster lets go" and I said "Come on man lets go" and as we were walking the longer route a black family of 4 approached us... and the little girl said " HEY ELDERS " and then the mom said " Hey are you two the Mormon missionaries?" and we replied Yes we are. And she said "Why have you guys stopped visiting and blessing my family....?" Me and Elder Jessop were astonished we talked to them and found out the missionaries that were visiting them were taken from the area and their register had been lost. Sometimes we feel or hear a still small voice, sometimes it is just a thought that comes to your mind, or a "hey maybe we should go that way today" type of thing... but I know and I testify that those feelings or promptings are the Holy Ghost and I am eternally thankful for its presence in my life. I know Ricks family that this church is true, and what an honor and blessing it is to be a full on representative of it. I hope each and every day I live up to my worthy calling of being a disciple of my Savior Jesus Christ and I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost that I have to do so. With out the spirit... a missionary is NOTHING!
I love my mission with all my heart and I love my family even more. I know that this church is true, and I cant wait to hear from you all this next week.
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING RICKS FAMILY!!!!! Congrats Chan, Daddy, Jamers, and Hannah and Cameron for your 1 Year Anniversary
I LOVE MY FAMILY
Your son, your missionary, your brother,
Elder Michael S. Ricks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.