ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, June 22, 2015

June 15, 2015 A Week a little different

Ricks Family,

YOU GUYS DID IT!!! What a crazy week I know you all had...but I knew that you guys could do it. That is so awesome that you got the whole house unpacked and ready to go for the big awesome party at our new kickin' home. MAN I LOVE MY FAMILY!!! This past week Fam. was a little different.... on Tuesday my companion started to feel really week and super super dizzy... so we went home and he rested for a while. He is such a strong man though and the Samoan background sure helps a little.. hahah he is really hard on him self sometimes but I can truly feel the love he has for this work. On Tuesday afternoon when we came home I found him sleeping on the tile floor... and I said " Dude Elder..... why aren't you in your bed....?" and he told me " I shouldn't be here at home elder... I don't deserve my bed...." I will just let you all know Ricks family... that my companion Elder Jessop is one of the most influential men I have ever met in my whole life. I cant even begin to describe the love I have towards him and the testimony I have grown with him. He truly is an AMAZING person and his conversion is remarkable. He is like my brother. But anyway... hahah he didn't start feeling better..... he insisted to get out and work and I told him that if he cant HE CANT.... haha but he just went out. And while walking his knees buckled a few times and he just wasn't doing well, long story short he called Sister Lozano and she talked with him a little and had him set up a Doc. Appt. with the stake president here that is an OBGYN. He looked at my companion and told him " YOU HAVE DENGUE FEVER " so..... that's the rap my companion has Dengue fever but is doing much better today. So this whole past week we were able to have very minimal lessons but a million spiritual experiences at home and one huge TESTIMONY of the BOOK OF MORMON!!!! What a blessing it truly was for me to watch over my companion every day and read from the Book of Mormon with him almost all day long. I have felt some pretty special things this week with him and I can truly say my testimony has grown leaps and bounds.  So many things to say and write but not enough time... haha

We have also killed like 4 rats this week and have just made some amazing memories together. Their were transfers last night and I was just terrified, I really didn't want to leave my area and most of all my companion.. and I sure didn't want him to leave either.... but WE ARE STAYING TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have the blessing and opportunity to be together for at least 6 more weeks, and during like the second week of those we will be receiving our new mission president!!! Its been a little crazy leading up to this and a little sad but I am happier than happy to be here in the mission.

On Sunday, yesterday I spoke in sacrament again.......and it was truly the best talk I have ever given in my whole entire life!!!!!!!! I REALLY NAILED IT, and I should have done it all along dad..... why didn't you ever tell me...  I spoke with just a 3x5 card with bullet points and I just destroyed it. haha  I WILL ALWAYS BE TALKING LIKE THAT AND LIKE YOU NOW DAD!!!! HAHAHAH You win you always do.... goooolayyyyy  you were right dad haha

I love you all so so much Ricks family, sorry for the short letter, I want to send a few pictures as well. But I just want you all to know and feel how much I love you. So happy you guys had an awesome fun week!!!! Chan man I love you, and your call is on the WAYYY MAN!!!!!!! I love you all so much and miss you dearly, I am just better that better than ever I LOVE MY FAMILY, WE ARE THE RICKS!!!!

Till next Monday my family,

Your son, Your brother, Your Missionary,

Elder M. Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.