ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, October 20, 2014

SIX MONTHS IN THE MISSION

- MY WONDERFUL FAMILY -
What an awesome blessed week have I had with my companion here in Ibague, Piedra Pintada!!!! This week was such a blessing and I know that the Lord is always with me. Being a trainer wow have I learned a lot!!! I have gained such a respect for my trainers and am so grateful for all that they have done for me!!!! Being a District Leader in just 2 weeks I have learned more than being in the field for 5 months and 2 weeks!!! I have come to learn an incredible amount of things not only about missionary, work but about being a member of this church, being a son, brother, father, husband, and all the other great roles and responsibilities we have as brothers and sisters here on this earth.

This past week was just filled with the spirit. I will start off with an awesome story..... - To be honest my last companion didn't really show me the ropes for this area that I participate in.... haha I hardly knew/know this place and have been just searching and searching members in my area to visit and new investigators to teach. The other day, (Tuesday) my companion and I were searching for members close to our house when our lesson we had planned fell through.... I was looking and looking through the directories that we have and I found nothing..... but I had a strong feeling to stay right were I was.... I felt weird... hhhh it was really weird.... so I stood there and literally 15 seconds later I received a txt message.... " NEW REFERRAL!!!!" I freaked out hahah I looked at the address and then up at the house that we were standing in front of and lo and behold ...it was it...!!!! hahah I knocked on that door as fast as I could and a older women answered it... I asked for the woman's name who was in the txt and she said hold on one second I will go get her. "Jeimy rounded the corner and said " HOLA MISSIONEROS!!! COMO LE VA?" She said ( in Spanish ) wow that was quick!!! I sent in my info yesterday night and you are already here.... hahah we came to find out that she got home from Utah the night before, toured the temple, the Joseph Smith building, family history, and had 2 lessons with the sister missionaries at the entrance and exit of the Joseph Smith movie!!!!!!!!!!!! She has been prepared by The Lord to hear our message and I know that our message will bless her life and her family more than I can discribe.... ( I have gained the biggest amount of gratitude for the missionaries all around the world from this experience) We taught her Saturday morning and they asked us to come back and teach again Saturday night, so we did and then we invited them to church... we went to pass by for them Sunday morning and they were outside... in the rain... ready and waiting for us!!!!! I love being a missionary, I love this gospel, I love my family, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ so so so so much!
 
 
On Wednesday afternoon the same thing happened a lesson fell through and we were looking and looking for people to teach... I had a strong feeling to go to the chapel... I didn't know why, but I followed this feeling and we went. Usually at this time there is no one at the church. I was confused, but we still went. When we arrived we walked into the family history room and the sister inside said " hey I have a referral for you two, actually she is still here playing the piano, lets go talk to her" we went and taught her right then!!! She has been prepared by The Lord to receive the gospel and I know that The Lord hears and answers our prayers!! We taught her and invited her to come to church... she came to all 3 hours and said in front of everyone in gospel principles " I am here to learn more about the true church, and to become a member of it very soon!!!" hahaha we had had one lesson with her... " como comenzar a ensenar" it's a lesson to explain our purpose and what we do as missionaries... she even offered the prayer in gospel principles and said it perfectly.... I love being a missionary, I love this gospel, I love my family, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ so so so so much!


My wonderful family, I know that The Lord hears and answers our prayers.... in these moments of stress and worriment for my area, district, and new "son" I testify that The Lord hears and answers our prayers!!! I love each and everyone of you more than you will ever know! I have learned a tremendous amount of things on my mission, I have realized so many things and have just been thinking alot lately about my life. I want you all to know that I know that this church is true. I know that we all must have done something *SUPER SUPER AWESOME GOOD AMAZING* I don't know hahah to receive the wonderful parents that we have. To receive one another as brothers and sisters, and each other as (husbands and wives) I am so grateful to be your Son, your Brother, and your Brother in law. We have been pre-ordained to be with one another and what a blessing it is to express my feelings and gratitude about my family every single day!!! I love you all so so so so much. I can't wait to be with you all again in just a short time!!!

Mom and Dad, James and Janelle, Hannah and Cameron, Chan, Clairey ( with a yellow giant cast... ;) ), and Gracie girl I love you all so so very much. Thank you for all you do for me while I'm out here on the mission. Thank you for your love, and your support. I love you all more than you will ever ever know!!!!!!

I can't wait to share more with each of you next week, and to hear from each of you as well!!!

I love my family

We are the RICKS!!!!!

Till next monday, it will just fly by....

Your son, Your brother, Your brother in law,

Elder Michael Shawn Ricks

p.s. I learned how to play a legit accordian..... it is a $1,500 dollar instrument.... hahah it was the most fun, most awesome experience of my whole mission!!! hahah I will send a video next week.... I don't have it with me.... hahah!!!!!!


My beautiful Mother,
 
What a week!!! So many experience's to write down in the big family letter, but I just wanted to write you first and foremost and tell my sweet mother how I am really doing!!!!
 
Mom this past week was awesome! I AM LEARNING SO SO MUCH!!! I thought that I was learning a lot before... haha ohhh no I am learning a crap ton now!! I have learnred so much being a trainer and have become so so grateful for the trainers that I had in my mission... and to now have one of them as my zone leaders is incredible. As a district leader it is the biggest blessing in the world... it actually is a little bit bigger of a calling than I thought.. so much I have to do and that I am in charge of, but I love love love it. I am coming out of all my comfort zones and learning so much about my life and about the church and about how to be the best missionary in the world like my dad and bigger brother!
 
I am so so happy for the family and that breaks my heart about Claire bear.... Tell her mommy that I am right there with her... I am praying for her, and I know that like me.. we can make it through all things together!!!   Please Mommy, let Chan man know how much I love and really miss him and that I just hope and pray and wish the best for him. I miss that little bugger so so much!!!!!!
 
Mommy I love you so so much and I am so so grateful for all that you are doing for me as your little missionary. Almost every week I cry here in the internet cafe.... not because I'm sad I'M NOT SAD at all ..... haha just of how grateful I am for you as my mother and dad as my father. I don't know - I sure have learned and realized a lot out here and I just get so filled with the Spirit when I write my parents and my family or when I think of my mom or my dad!!! I love you mom, I really want you to know that. I miss you and I am more than grateful for you and all you have done, are doing, and will do for me. I read the talk from Elder Callister today this past general conference and all I can think of is you when I read it. Thank you for everything mommy!!!!!
 
The mission is awesome. I love my "son" and things are just going awesome super awesome here!!!! I love my Lord and Savior mommy and you are absolutely right... we sure can pray more specifically and I sure need to do that. There are a few things that could really help me more out here as his missionary and I know that I can ask him for these things.!!!

Mommy thanks for everything, here comes the big big email for the fam!!!
 
Love you mommy, pics on the way as well!!!!!!
 
I love you to the moon and back and i will sure be looking at it this wonderful night!!!
 
18 months more!!! haha 6 months done and gone.....
Love you mommyyyy
 
XXOxoxoxOOOxoxoOXoOXoXoXOXO
 
Your son, your Michael boy, your missionary,
 
Elder Michael Ricks
 
MR. Michael
 
DR. Michael ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.