OH WHAT A WEEK!!!!
My wonderful family, where do I even begin. First off I would like to say " Sweet little Claire bear thank you for picking yellow just for me!!!!" hahah Sign my name big and awesome on that thing for me... haha just kidding. I hope you get better real soon and I just am praying for you and want you to know that I am with you always every step (or push) of the way ;)
What a week i have had these past 7 days. It was a little weird (killing) someone in the mission, when I was with Elder Roldan I learned so so much and I was a little sad to see him go, but I know that I did all I could for him and his progress in the mission that I could have. We had a great successful companionship together and I will forever be grateful for him and the things I learned in our time together.!!
WOW I AM A TRAINER AND A DISTRICT LEADER....... It never looked or seemed as hard as it really is.... hahaha. This past Tuesday I had the opportunity to go up to Bogota (4 hours in a little bus) I had exchanges all of Tuesday and then Wednesday I had to pick up my new companion and to receive a little leadership and counsel from president Lozano! It was so much fun and I learned so much. I got with my son on Wednesday, Elder Parra from Argentina!!! We came back to home here in Ibague. It was and is a wonderful experience to be a trainer and a DL but wow I didnt expect this and these things so fast in my mission. We got here on Wednesday and I had exchanges with the zone leaders on Thursday, my comps first day in the mission was with a ZL haha. Then on Friday I had my first district meeting...... wow that came fast.... and I think I totally botched it up but hey I'm still here.... hahah Nah it wasn't to bad but I sure am still learning! I had a wonderful time with Elder Chacon in the exchange as my ZL and I learned so much from him. It was cool to be with my very first companion in the mission again. I am so grateful for this calling The Lord has placed in my hands and I know that it is only an opportunity to learn, grow, and most of all serve my fellow men ( missionaries )
This week was hard, I will be honest. But I am still here and have learned more than ever before!!! Taking on new responsibilities isn't the easiest and taking on two new ones at the same time was a little bit of a whirlwind but I'm alive haha. The work in my area has been hard... the lessons... and the new investigators... have all been low. I have realized and learned a lot from this... but I know that all will be well. I am taking on the pressure of not only my investigators but all those of my missionaries as well. And with all this I have to ALWAYS be the example!!! In everything!!! ( I also have the sister leaders in my district...) haha I have learned so much this week my wonderful family. I have found some of my weaknesses and have learned how to really rely on the spirit and my Heavenly Father! I am doing all I can to be my best and will only push my self harder and give all I have to The Lord these next 2 transfers. I know that The Lord is always with us and is helping us in every step of the way. During all this this past week I had just had a weird feeling the whole week, and I felt that something in my family has happened.... and today when I entered my email I saw that my little Claire bear had broke her leg...!!!
I know that The Lord is with us always, in the best of times and also in the worst of times. This week was hard, I have learned so much and am so grateful for all that I have been given and have yet to receive. My family I love the mission, It is the best thing ever and man is the time just flying by!!! I have 6 months a fourth of my mission in 1 week... and when I finish the training of my companion I will have 9 months in the mission!!! I just cant believe it!!!!
I am doing awesome my family, Colombia is great and we are just preparing for Halloween and Christmas here in Ibague!!! haha I want to thank each of you for your love and for being a part of my eternal family. I am more grateful for every single one of you that you know and I just can't wait to give you all hugs again... hahah. I love you all so much and am so grateful for everything.
Mom, Dad, James and Janelle, Hannah and Cameron, Chan man, Claire bear, and Gracie girl, I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH. I miss you and I know that The Lord is with us always. I pray for each of you and just wish the best for you.
I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!
I am going to send a few quick pics for the family as well ;)
I love you all so so much!!!!!!
We are the RICKS
Elder Micahel Ricks
ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS
Thursday, October 16, 2014
My Wonderful Family - My first week with a little different swing of things.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.