ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 14, 2014 - Week #5 and 3 Months in the Mission Field!

Hello my wonderful family,

I don't have much time today again...... I am in the worst internet café yet and this is just super hard but I'll do my best hahah

This week was crazy, I was only able to go into my area once this whole week, and it was on an exchange with an assistant to the President! He is the coolest guy in the world! Elder Elmer! from Dallas Texas and he goes home tomorrow!

This week has been crazy, an absolute wonderful opportunity to learn how to lead and be a leader, being with the zone leaders and exchanges with the assistants. I absolutely love the mission and I know that my Savior lives and is with me every single day and each and everyone of you ;) 

I am so happy you guys got to go back to Utah to visit Hannah and the fam again, I know dad is just working so hard for us to and I know that if I work as hard as him I will be without a doubt the best missionary in the world!!!         "fun fact.... I ate cow intestines yesterday...... it wasn't terrible and I'm glad I didn't know what it was but yeah.... I was on the toilet for a little while though after... hahah man the food is different sometimes. haha it is stuffed with rice and blood.... and just cooked.... haha" and that's that haha

About my investigators, I have a family of three being baptized on the 26th along with an older lady and a 19 year old girl as well.... that's 5 baptisms in one day! I'm super super excited but I know that I have a lot of work to do with them through The Lord! The mission is absolutely awesome you will never know how much I learn each and every day and how fast they go by too!!! haha its 3 months in the mission tomorrow.... hah can you believe that?

I want you guys to know how much I love each and every one of you, How much I think of you, pray for you, love you, miss you, and KNOW that my Savior watches over us each and every single day. I'm sad to leave the zone leaders this week, but I'm excited to get out to work and show what I got. My new comp is from Argentina and his name is Elder Salas. I don't know him yet just his name haha. I will meet him later.

I have to go ;( but I promise I write a big letter for you all next week and it won't be this terrible haha

My family, I love you, I know that my Savior lives, I know that he helps me with my Spanish each and everyday which is coming along so well. I know that this church is true and I learn so much every single day. I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!

I LOVE YOU mom, dad, James, Hannah, Chan, Claire, and Grace

Till next week

I'm so sorry ;( for this email haha

Your son, Your Elder, Your Brother,
 
Michael Shawn Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.