ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, July 20, 2015

Return Missionary and 15 months in the missionfield!

Ampario Diaz and her kids traveled 4 hours by bus to see me and say hi! They were baptized 9 months ago :)


MY FIRST REESE'S IN THE MISSION FIELD! We bought a 56 oz bag!


 

Hello My Wonderful Family!

What a crazy week for you all, so happy to hear from you guys and to just tell my family "HELLO"

I BOUGHT A 56 ounce bag of the only REESES  PEANUT BUTTER CUPS I have touched in MY WHOLE ENTIRE MISSION....... And its a big bag.... hahah Elder Jessop and I bought them and we have just been going to town on them, I have eaten more than half the bag now hahah. The same day I had one of the most incredible moments in my whole mission. I told you guys a little about Jess Isfeld right... the Canadian that we found by hearing the still small voice, so we have been trying to get in contact with him ever since and on Wednesday we just made the choice to go to his office. We got there and he let us in right off the bat, we talked a little with him, he showed us the place, and it is the only place in all of Colombia that has normal handles on the doors. IT WAS AWESOME. I felt the need to teach him a little message, so Elder Jessop and I " IN ENGLISH " showed him a Mormon message about being a father. During the lessons he really opened up and the spirit was stronger than almost any other time of my mission. At the end of our lesson he told us... Elders thank you for coming tonight.... it been a while since I've felt so good, and then he said you two just reminded me of an experience from my mission....he said once I baptized two little girls in a less active family... it scared me because I didn't want to baptize them and then have them go less actvive, but I felt a strong impression to go on with their baptisms and to let the Lord work with the family. He shared the story and then told us how he went back to visit the family 6 months after the mission........ he had to go upstairs and change his shorts to a swimsuit at the families home and so the mom of the family told him to go up into their closet to do so. As he walked in he saw pictures alllllll over of Christ.... He saw that the dad had stopped drinking and that the family was preparing to be sealed in the temple a month later.... and Jeff was just brought to an immense amount of tears... and he said " Elder Ricks and Elder Jessop, it has been 15 years since I have felt the spirit, and I have not remembered things from my mission for a long long time." It was truly an incredible moment that we had that night with Brother Isfeld. He later took us home in his car and Elder Jessop and I just were stunned. On Sunday we had the most people in church than any other time in my mission.... with recent converts, less actives and investigators we had 27 people at church... IT WAS AWESOME and my convert AMPARO DIAZ and her son came to my church to visit me from IBAGUE 4 hours away... I didn't even know... and while sitting up front on the stand I just felt a huge prompting and spirit of accomplishment. I felt that my hard works in the mission were really paying off seeing a daughter of God with her family about 9 months after their conversion in the gospel. It was just an over whelming feeling that I had that day. So so much to tell you all, but not enough time. I am just doing awesome family and I love my mission with all my heart. I am sorry that my email today was a little rushed and that I didn't have too much time, it is a holiday here and everywhere is closing down early. I love you all so so much and I can't wait to hear from and write you all next week!!! I LOVE MY FAMILY

Till next week,

Your son, Your bro, Your Missionary,

Elder Michael Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.