ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, April 13, 2015

Hello Ricks Family!

A new missionary from Africa

I cut my finger on some glass and had to go to the ER - no stitches needed

Healing good


Sorry I couldn't write much today - can't type

Camera's everywhere :)
 
Elder Babbit from the MTC!

Elder Chacon going home today - I got to spend his last day in the mission with him.


Waffles with the AP's at the airport
 
New mission pin I got at the airport

Bowling again with the district
 
I love my new camera!
 
Bowling fun!
 
What an honor it is to write my wonderful family as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, in the beautiful country of Colombia!!!
  
This past week was crazy.......................On Tuesday there was a little problem with our home and we couldnt get in after doing exercise, but at the end we got in and all is well! On Wednesday I had a meeting with President ALL day long... but it was an awesome opportunity to learn and grow as a missionary and as a leader. On Thursday we had a bunch of missionaries in our home for some medical problems and then on Friday I took my "father" in the mission to the airport to go home because his mission has come to and end...... It was very weird to say goodbye to someone who had such an impact on me in my life and just to think that maybe I won't see him again... it was an honor that he chose me to take him and to spend the last few hours with him here in Colombia. Elder Chancon was just an amazing missionary and I will ALWAYS remember him. 
    
I would like to just take a minute and thank you all so so much for your love and support to me as a missionary. It is truly incredible how amazing our family really is and the love and support we give always to one and another... I would like to give Hannah and Cameron and mommy a special thanks for being there for Elder Wright for me. Hahah that is truly awesome you guys are the bomb!!!! I can never tell each of you enough how much I love, miss, appreciate, admire, and look up to every one of you!!! I LOVE MY FAMILY; WE ARE JUST THE BEST!!!!!!! I don't have very much time today ;( and I would love to send you all a few pictures... so I will have to go... I HATE TO WRITE SMALL EMAILS, but today i just cant do it... I will explain a little more next Monday. Just know my wonderful family how well I am doing here. All is just perfect and I love LOVE LOVEEEEEE my MY mission.
 
I love each and every one of you so so much and man is the end of this month going to be CRAZY!!!! I LOVE MY FAMILY, WE ARE THE RICKS!!!!!
 
Pics are on the way ;)
Your son, brother, and missionary
Elder Michael S. Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.