ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, March 23, 2015

11 MONTHS IN THE MISSION FIELD!

My DEAR RICKS FAMILY!!!!!!

What an awesome week I had this past week in the Mission Colombia Bogotá Sur! Esta semana pasada fue tan solo una semana MARAVILLOSA!!!!! This past week with my companion we had some of the BEST and MOST spiritual lessons that I have had in my whole mission....... This past Tuesday we had an awesome testimony meeting in my district meeting, having cambios yesterday we had the opportunity to share a little with one another. On about Tuesday or Wednesday with my companion we had the chance to have a  lesson with a less active and her family..... they have been on and off less active for a long time... the mother is a return missionary and we have just had a tough time with them. In their teaching record the missionaries even wrote.... " don't waste your time with them " so this past week with my companion we had a lesson as they call them una "Leccion Franca"... a frank lesson when we tell them the truth of all things.... as we were teaching the spirit was just so strong, I had the opportunity to share my testimony from the bottom of my soul and really testify to them how it will be if they don't change NOW. The mom began to open up, and really told us how ALL things were..... and it was just amazing to help her and her family in these tough times. It is amazing sometimes to think that people trust in us as Missionaries so so much and that they just tell us everything. It made me think a little about how important my calling really is, and if I really am working and trying to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength to meet the mantle that I hold. 

We also had a lesson with a wonderful family who we have been trying to help so much to be sealed for time and all eternity in the temple..... they have had a few tough times and we could sure feel it.... We had the opportunity to teach them on Friday and we just planned to help teach them about LOVE. As we were teaching my companion and I just felt so so strongly that we need to talk about FORGIVENESS as soon as possible, and it was a feeling that we both received at the EXACT same time..... We began teaching.... and it was incredible to see how as missionaries we have the gift of Discernment. With my companion Elder Alava we testified all we could the importance of Forgiving one another. We know that something in the past has happened with the couple and it was just amazing to teach them and help them with that problem.... 

Family... I am out of time....... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

But I will finish all of the amazing stories next week!!! I will write the big family letter first before anything else ;) I love the mission so so much and each and every one of you!!! I am sorry that the letter is short but I hope and pray that you can feel the spirit as you read it. 

Pics and all to come next week.

I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Till next Monday,

Your son, your Missionary,
 
Elder Michael Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.