ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, December 15, 2014

12 Days til we SKYPE!





Baptism of Laura Aviles

 
 
 
Missionary Selfie
 
  
Always thinking of my family
 
Christmas Nativity
 
Hannah would LOVE this restaurant!
 
 
 
Last picture with Elder Wright - he was transferred yesterday.
He is from South Jordan near Nana & Bompa
 
City Center
 
My wonderful, beloved, blessed Family,
                                                           
What a privilege it is to write you all this beautiful Monday here in Ibagué Colombia. This past week was just awesome, we have just been working hard here and the fruits sure showed this past week. This past week as a companionship we had the opportunity to have a baptism. Her name is Laura Aviles and it is one of the craziest stories of my whole entire ( almost 8 month ) mission. What happened is that Laura is the ex-girlfriend of a Recent Convert named Ronald. They were "dating" for about 9 years and have a boy together that is 3 years old. Ronald started receiving the missionaries about 1 transfer before i arrived here in Ibague, Laura didn't want to have anything to do with the church.... she would never assist, she would never read the Book of Mormon, and she just didn't like any of it. What happened is that Laura didn't want to get married with Ronald and he  wanted to be baptized... so he ended  everything with her to follow the Savior and to be baptized. He was baptized one week before I got here in ibague. Then... hahah about 5 weeks ago, Laura found me and told me that she wanted to be baptized... and I said " OK " !!!!! ahahah She is pregnant again and has about 6 months to go with a girl. The baby is from Ronald as well, but before his baptism. She has been having a really really tough time in her life these bast few months and all she wanted was to become closer with her Savior Jesus Christ. We taught her all the lessons again and she assisted the church 3 more times. She had her baptismal interview and was found worthy to be baptized. Even though her and Ronald will never get back together, now both of their kids will have the gospel in there lives and I know that they will both progress in the gospel. I had the privilege to baptise her this past Saturday and it was just a great weekend. I know Ricks family that The Lord doesn't prepare the people in my time or in their time, He prepares them in His time and when He knows it will be best for them. I know that she had been prepared and it's sad sometimes that it takes something a little drastic or hard in life to become prepared, but I know that he has been preparing her to be baptized and in the pre-existence for me. I love the mission so so much my family and I am just learning so much out here. I know that my Savior is always with me and that through the spirit He is working through my hands to fulfill His work!! I LOVE THE MISSION

Yesterday were the emergency transfers. AND OUR ZONE CHANGED A TON. Elder Wright, one of my best friends in the mission, my zone leader will be leaving and many others. But I am just so  excited to get to work again and to just do the very best I can this next transfer. My companion has been a little sick and things, but is getting much much better. My house is super clean,  I'm just loving it here, and can't wait to Skype my wonderful family in just 12 short days. I hate to keep this a little short, but I would love to send you all a bunch of pics again and write a few of you personally as well. I want you all to know how much I love and miss every single one of you. Mom and Dad I love you both so so much and am so so grateful to be your son!!! James, Hannah, Chandler, Claire, and Grace I love you all so so much and am so grateful and blessed to be your brother. Thank you all for all you do for me every single day of my mission. Cameron and Janelle, What a privilege and blessing it is to have you both as my brother and sister in law. Thank you both for all you do for my older Brother and my Older Sister. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH!!!!

I LOVE MY FAMILY, and we are the RICKS

****here come the pics ;);););)

Love you all so so much, From Ibagué Colombia

12 SHORT DAYS!!!!

Your son, Your brother, Your Brother in law, Your missionary

Elder Michael Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.