ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Monday, November 10, 2014

Christmas Time is in the air

My Wonderful Family,

How awesome it is to see Christmas trees going up and the stores here are all decked out!!! Man it will be a tough Christmas with out you guys..... But hey!! I'm in the mission and its GENIAL ( awesome )  out here!!!

This last week was just awesome!!!!!!!! I am loving the mission so much and me and my companion are just kickin it out here. At the beginning of our transfer things were tough... first time being a trainer, district leader, and my area was left in a bad situation... we made the best out of it, have been working hard and are seeing the fruits finally!!!!! The mission is just the best little straight and narrow path for life and man I am just right in the middle of it strutting along. This past week was just awesome. We had 6 investigators come to church and the work is just flying here. On Saturday we found a sister and she invited us in here home, we taught her and her husband was in the other room and didn't want to hear...We taught her what our purpose was and she was super nice and wants to learn more. We invited her to an activity that night and she said she couldn't make it, so then I invited her to church... and she said "absolutely" she then asked us, "would you like to come to my house before church at 9 and have breakfast here with my family?" we were shocked... we said that we couldn't but we would pass by early for her... came Sunday morning... I sent her a txt to remind her to come to church and to be ready with her family... I told her we would be there at 8:15.. long story short our shower exploded and we had a mini fire in the bathroom... haha (don't worry mommy all is well haha we have a member electrician coming tomorrow to fix it, and so in the mean time "this morning" we showered with buckets of hot boiled water... haha James I can't imagine how you did that....!!!!) but any way hahah we were a little late and when we were walking to her house she was outside waiting with her 3 kids and we all went to church. All the kids went to their classes and they stayed all 3 hours like it was nothin!!! I love the mission!!!!
 
My district here in " Piedra Pintada" / "Painted Rock" is just awesome. I love all the missionaries in it and am just so happy to be able to serve them. As a district we have 9 baptisms this weekend.... and as a zone about 15.... we are having another "noche blanca" / "white night" and President Lozano will be attending again!!! Hermana Alejandra our investigator will be baptized this weekend and I am just so so happy! She has progressed so fast and is just so willing to make this covenant with her Heavenly Father and to follow her Savior Jesus Christ. This mission is just the best time of my life, it is hard some time, IT IS, but it is all worth it. I am learning immense amounts of things out here and I am just making the most of eternal friends. I know that this church is true, I know that our Savior is always with us, and that our family and I are receiving many blessing from them!!! Colombia is the best place ever, and Spanish is just awesome. I am probably almost fluent now I am not to sure but I just love it. I love each and everyone of you so much and I just cant wait to Skype you all here soon!!!!

We truly have the best family ever and what an honor it is to be a part of it. I thank you all for your love towards me and for your support for me while I'm out here in this battle ;) I love you all so much and i am so grateful to be a member of this marvelous church!

Mommy, Daddy, James and Janelle, Hannah and Cameron, Chan man, Claire bear, and Gracie girl... I LOVE YOU, and I want you to know that! Thank you for everything. I can not wait to see you all so soon!!!! We are the RICKS family! Thank you mommy and daddy for all you have taught us and for the blessing we have to be our parents. This gospel is true - ITS TRUE!!!!!!

I LOVE MY FAMILY

Till next week, 

Your son, your brother, and your missionary,

Elder Michael Shawn Ricks

Many many many pics will come next week of the "WHITE NIGHT" and all the blessing and experiences the Lord has in store for me!!!! I LOVE THE MISSION!!!!!!!!! and my family ;>)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.