Sebastian - my second baptism 9/8/14
After the baptism
It rained so hard we decided to take photos of how wet we were!
Dominos & Fanta in Colombia
I found these socks for $1
View from our apartment balcony in Ibague'
Look how clean Mom!
Burned my finger after ironing my companions shirt
All you need in the mission is peanut butter and jelly
Elder Roldan - P day on the farm
Farm selfie (tie matches blue sky & clouds :)
My first coconut in the mission
How we wash our hands when on the farm
Gorgeous farm - just like I imagined Colombia
P day fun with the Hermana's
We eat so much meat
Family of five to be baptized soon
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Mi Grandiosa Familia!!!!! - ( my awesome family )
What a wonderful week I have had here in the mission of Colombia Bogota Sur, I LOVE THE MISSION WITH ALL MY HEART!! I am so grateful for the areas and companions I have had thus far in the mission and I know that it can only get better!!
First I'll start off with the good news, I HAD MY SECOND BAPTISM THIS PAST WEEK!!!! Elder Roldán and I had the opportunity to baptize the Dias Family!!! Sister Amparo and her son Sebastian! My companion baptized the mom and I the son. It was just a beautiful awesome baptize night! They are sure a wonderful family and are so prepared to enter into this gospel! She has two other kids who my companion and I are working so hard with because all I want in the mission is eternal families! All I want is the people here in Colombia to have a family even close to the one I have been so blessed with. We will work so hard with them and have plans to baptize the whole family the 27th of September!!
" All things are possible through faith "
This next week will be absolutely AWESOME!!!! but hard..... Elder Roldán and I have 5 baptisms confirmed and a family just ready to be baptized for this next Saturday!!! They live in the Farm that I sent pictures of and are just so awesome. I LOVE THE MISSION. The reason why it will be hard is because my companion and i have to work so hard for the other baptisms we have planned and placed a date with for the following weeks and a lot of the things depend on our teachings this week and them attending church this upcoming Sunday. But I know all is possible and that we can do anything! The lord will provide what he has in store for us as his missionaries!
I am continuing to learn so much from my companion and am just so grateful for the fun times and memories we are having together. To be exact haha the other night I was washing the dishes before bed and my companion shot Lysol (SO MUCH) up my shorts while I was washing the dishes.... hahaha so I ran to the bathroom area of our house where the other can of Lysol was and we had a Lysol can war for about 20 minutes!!! haha it was honestly one of the funniest times I have had in the mission as a companionship!!! haha Good times and memories this mission has had and has yet to happen for the rest of my life. Elder Roldán truly is an awesome man and I just learn so much from him every day in every aspect of the gospel and just in life as general. He is having a tough time with the circumstance of his family at home right know but he shows so much faith and knows everything will be alright. I am pushing him and helping him finish his mission the best he can and letting him know that all I want is for him to return home with as much honor and gratitude in his heart that he did all he could for 2 years serving the lord. I just want the best for him and I know that he will do marvelous things in his life after the mission and I cant wait to see him in almost 19 short months!!
I love the mission, I love this gospel, and I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve and be a missionary in this wonderful country of Colombia. Its hard sometimes, being a missionary was never said to be easy... but this blessings I am receiving, my family is receiving, and all the people I am teaching... THERE IS NOTHING BETTER!!!! This will and has changed my life, I have grown so much in my testimony, as a member of this church, and as a man! and I know, that these times and things I am learning will bless me for the whole rest of my entire life!!! We are the RICKS and I LOVE MY FAMILY SO SO MUCH!!!!!!
I am so grateful for all i have and all i am learning on how to be the best missionary i can possibly be. I Love this CHURCH!!!!
I love each and everyone of you, and i hope you enjoy these pictures ;) i hate to go but i sort of have to but i cant wait tell next Monday to tell you a little bit more about my life as a missionary!!!!!
Mom, Dad, James and Janelle, Hannah and Cameron, Chan man, Claire bear, and Gracie girl I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU SO SO MUCH! I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE PART IN MY LIFE YOU EACH HAVE IN MINE! I love you, I miss you, but I know that the Lord is providing for each and every one of us. I LOVE MY FAMILY
- WE ARE THE RICKS -
Your son, Your brother,
Elder Michael Shawn Ricks
p.s. - My Spanish is just awesome!!!!! I would say i got it about 85% down!! ;)
Te amo! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.