ELDER MICHAEL SHAWN RICKS SERVING IN THE COLOMBIA, BOGOTA SOUTH MISSION FOR
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Dear Family - Week #2


My Dear Family,

Where do I start again, its only been five days but there is not enough time to even type everything haha.. 1st- My Gracie Girl HAPPPYYYY BIRTHDAY SWEEITE!!! I love and miss you so much and hope you have the best little day ever. Know that I love and miss you and think about you every night.

Mom was wondering what my day is like so ’ll just type a quick little schedule for you. I wake up around 6:20, shower and get ready for the day. At 7 we have personal study in the chapel called "José smith". It is one of my favorite parts of the day, it is so spiritual and just a good time on your own in peace and quite. We then have breakfast at 8-9. Breakfast is awesome!!!! it usually consist of 2 hot dogs 2 rolls that are amazing, a yogurt cup from Colombia that is sooo good, a cup of hot chocolate and lotsssssssss of fruit! it is the best. We then have classes tell about 12 haha non stop.... we do stuff called CRE which is like a mock family room in a home and we are recorded teaching and stuff and it is so fun and a wonderful learning experience. Lunch is at 12-1:30 and it is ALWAYSSSS rice some type of chicken, and a juice or the best soda ever called Colombiana! We then have class and grammar and tall which is a computer program tell dinner which is at 5:30-6:30 and its sort of a small meal because lunch is the main meal in South America. And then after that we have more class planning and comp. study tell 9:00-9:30. And it is always such a blast every single day. Oh yeah there is GYM a wonderful part of my day usually around 2:30\3:00 tell 3:00\4:00. I love it here!!!!!!

-And that’s my day Haha- Sundays are just a bunch of meetings and sweet devotionals with Pres. Dyer

Today we got to go to the Temple again, They just have us rent clothes mommy cause its easier, but pres. dyer told me that they don’t have pants big enough there for me so that i might have to bring my own like him hahah. The temple is gorgeous! During a session today the lights went out for like 5 minutes..... sort of weird, but a cool experience.

Last night all the American sisters and Latino missionaries left cause their weeks where up and it was such a fun goodbye party but a sad one too. All the sisters wanted to write in my journal for companions and stuff and now that is all that is in there.... haha. They were a great group of kids and I sure hope to see them all soon again some day. One of them lives in Gilbert and said that she will come visit you guys when she gets home.

Family, I love the work here!!! Being a missionary is the best feeling ever!! I sure miss you guys,  I know that I am being blessed by serving a mission and that it will be the best 2 years FOR my whole entire life. Being a missionary we get to watch some special apostle videos for missionaries and stuff like that and I could seriously watch them all day!! I love it! The spirit is so strong and I learn so much. It’s weird because at home we just wanted to play games and not watch conference but I could seriously watch these things for hours. I know my Savior lives, I know that he died and suffered for each of our sins. I know the power of the Holy Ghost and I feel his presence each and every day. I love my Heavenly Father and I know that our family is sealed for all time and eternity and I love each and every one of you soooooo much and miss you all like crazy.

I am so excited to Skype you all and here are some little details, it will be on the 17th of May from 630 - 900 pm and I will be able to Skype for 30-45 min in that time frame :) sister dyer said that we are the only MTC to ever do this and that we are pretty special.

I am so grateful to be a Ricks, and have been so blessed my whole entire life. It is very humbling being with some of these Latinos and even Americans and to realize how wonderful of parents we truly have!!! kiddos (Chan, Claire, and Grace) always obey mommy and daddy I know that they know what is best for you and I can sure testify of their wonderful parenting. We have been so blessed and I am so grateful for the opportunity to give back know and try to bless so many other peoples lives by what mom and dad have taught all of us so well!!


Dad-
I am just loving it here. I am using every minute to the fullest! I sure think of you every day and every single night! The devotionals are awesome. We have only had the one Elder of the 70 here, but I'm sure we will have a bunch in the weeks to come. President Dyer is so cool and I was the only one that read A Marvelous Work and A Wonder. He talked to me about it for a little while afterwards. I will take it easy playing basketball. I don't have to do anything cause I'm so tall it's knida not fun. haha I will "slam dunk" my mission right for sure.The food is not so bad and the language is coming very good, super fast but still kinda hard. I love you so much and I am grateful for all you have taught me. I am so grateful to be your son and for our awesome family. We are lucky to have you as our father!

Mom- Holy cow I miss you.... I love you so very much and am so grateful to be your son. Thank you for everything you have taught us as kids and me as a young man. I have never really realized how much a mother has to do and I am so grateful for you! We sure did something special to have you and dad as our parents.  I am so grateful for my parents and all they have taught me. it is sooooo humbling seeing some of these kids and even ones in my district that have been blessed but not nearly as much as i. i am so grateful for you and dad and the luckiest kid in the world, get this none of them even brought a pic of there family.... I love my family so much and like you and I am so grateful we will be with each other for all time and eternity.I love you mom and will type out some more details in the big letter. just wanted to answer some of your questions :) Love and miss you mom, I'm looking at the moon each night and i know you are too!!I honestly don’t think you guys could be more perfect

James- and Janelle - I love you guys so much and miss you. Thank you for a wonderful example to me that I can look up to. James I miss you tons big bro. thank you for everything. You are the best older bro I could ever ask for.

Hannah- and Cameron - I love you guys and look up to you so much and am bummed, but so happy you guys are getting married in the temple with out me ;) I love you both so much. Hannah - I miss you like crazy!! You are the best big sis I could ever ask for. I learn so much from you and your example. I love you like crazy.
Chan - I got to keep this short cause the more I type the more  I’ll cry. I love and miss you tons little bro\ best friend. Thank you for everything and just keep being the stud that you are. I sure love you bro!!!

Claire - I love you sweetie pie, I miss you hugs every 5 min. like crazy. I love you so much and look up to your tender love and care and Christ like attributes so much!! You are truly a special little girl and I miss you tons

Grace - HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE. I am bummed I can’t be there, but know that I am there in spirit. I miss you and love you like crazy. Keep being the special girl you are and friend to everyone. Keep keeping mom and dad busy while I’m gone ;) I love you sweetie

I love you all dearly, but unfortunately my time has come! ;( I love each and every one of you and will count down the days tell next Friday to write you again.

I love my dearest family, and will always keep you in my prayers.

Love you,

Elder Michael Shawn Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.